IONA WORK SPACES COVID-19 POLICY
Updated June 14, 2021
We remain committed to creating a healthy and safe workspace. Following recommendations from the CDC and others, we have updated our COVID-19 policy.
As more and more people are vaccinated, we have begun easing some of our COVID-19 restrictions. Beginning June 15th, Iona members will no longer be required to wear a mask when working in the dedicated desk workspace. You will, however, be required to wear a mask when you are entering or exiting the dedicated desk workspace, or when you are walking around the building.
Please note that we view personal responsibility as the first measure of protection. Please be safe and courteous to all Iona members.
- Iona’s normal business hours to the public is now Monday to Friday, 9 am-5pm.
- Iona has resumed receiving package deliveries. We recommend Suite members to instruct delivery at their Suite for added precaution.
- We anticipate that public events, workshops and gatherings will reopen by September 2021.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guest/client follows Iona’s COVID19 policy and guidelines, including face mask use. If you plan on bringing a guest/client, please notify Iona management via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout the day.
- Avoid handshakes and use verbal greetings.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Please cough/sneeze into your elbow. If using a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- If you are feeling ill and suspect symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, please stay home and limit contact with any colleagues of the Iona community.
- If you suspect you may be sick with the COVID-19 virus or you had known contact with someone with a positive case, we ask that you notify your healthcare provider and do not plan to come to Iona until you’ve been cleared and are no longer sick.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please notify Iona Management at email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can inform our community members and close immediately for 72 hours and undergo a thorough deep clean before reopening. Your identity will always remain confidential.
- We also reserve the right to send you home if you are exhibiting any known COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please feel free to open the outside doors to your suites or spaces throughout the day to encourage air flow. Mandated Quarantine for 10 days
- If you were tested for the COVID-19 virus and you learned that the test result was positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine at home for 10 days, regardless of whether you have symptoms. In addition, after having close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, you must self-quarantine at home for 10 days to watch and wait to see if you develop symptoms of COVID-19. - We request a copy of your negative COVID-19 test result, before returning to work at Iona.
- Cleaning Service. Iona’s regular evening cleaning service will continue during the week.
- A/C Filters. We have installed extra filters with ionizers on all of the HVAC units.
- Protective Sneeze Guards. We will continue to use sneeze guards in the dedicated desk workspace.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are strategically placed throughout the building readily available for your use. After use of shared spaces like conference rooms, kitchen or printer, we encourage you use hand sanitizer before & after use. Please practice diligent and thorough hand washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available at each phone booth, conference room, and communal table’s location. Please wipe down your work area before and after each use.
- Disposable Kitchenware. We will continue to have disposable utensils, plates, and cups instead of shared reusable items in the shared kitchen until further notice. Members are encouraged to bring their own utensils and cups if desired and keep them at their designated areas.
- Cleaning. We will routinely clean and disinfect shared high-touched surfaces.
- Signs are placed throughout Iona to guide and remind the community of these guidelines and to promote healthy hygiene.
A mask or face covering that covers the mouth and nose is required when entering Iona Work Spaces, moving around the space, or when members are in the kitchen, even if you have been vaccinated. This policy may change depending on the state updated COVID-19 regulations (new policies are expected to be released on June 15, 2021). Members are not required to wear a mask when seated in the dedicated desk workspace, community lounge area, conference rooms, phone booths, or private suites. While sitting and working in the dedicated desk workspace, we HIGHLY recommend unvaccinated members to keep with CDC recommended COVID-19 prevention measures, including wearing a mask and keep with social distancing protocols.
Please work in the community lounge area as desired if you need extra space to maintain additional social distancing. We will be closely monitoring the “CA reopening” guidelines statewide and determine if we need to return to mask mandated policies in the upcoming months.